The Prisoner's Song by Bill Monroe
1. Oh, I wish I had someone to love me,
Someone to call me their own.
Oh, I wish I had someone to live with,
'Cause I'm tired of living alone.
2. Oh, meet me tonight in the moonlight,
Please meet me tonight all alone.
For I have a sad story to tell you,
It's a story that's never been told.
3. I'll be carried to the new jail tomorrow,
Leaving my poor darling alone.
With the cold prison bars all around me,
And my head on a pillow of stone.
4. Now I have a grand ship on the ocean,
All mounted with silver and gold.
And before my poor darling would suffer,
Oh, that ship would be anchored and sold.
5. Now, if I had the wings of an angel,
Over these prison walls I would fly.
And I'd fly to the arms of my darling,
And there I'd be willing to die.