Lyrics/song texts are property and copyright of their owners and provided for educational purposes only.
White Sandy Beach Of Hawaii Lyrics by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'
White Sandy Beach Of Hawaii by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'
- Artist: Nat King Cole
- peak Billboard position #79 in 1957
- words by Mitchell Parish and music by Hoagy Carmichael
- originally written as "Star Dust" in 1927
- charted in 1930 by Irving Mills (#20)
- charted in 1931 by Isham Jones (#1), Bing Crosby (#5), Louis Armstrong (#16)
Wayne King (#17), and Lee Sims (#20).
- charted in 1935 by Jimmie Lunceford (#10).
- charted in 1936 by Benny Goodman (#2) and Tommy Dorsey (#8).
- charted in 1939 by Sammy Kaye (#16).
- charted in 1941 by Artie Shaw (#2), Tommy Dorsey (#7), and Glenn Miller (#20).
- charted in 1943 by Baron Elliot (#18) and Tommy Dorsey (#23).
- charted in 1957 by Billy Ward and His Dominoes featuring Jackie Wilson (#12).
- charted in 1962 by Frank Sinatra (#98)
- charted in 1964 by Nino Temple and April Stevens (#32).
And now the purple dusk of twilight time
Steals across the meadows of my heart
High up in the sky the little stars climb
Always reminding me that we're apart
You wander down the lane and far away
Leaving me a song that will not die
Love is now the stardust of yesterday
The music of the years gone by
Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
But that was long ago
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song
Beside a garden wall
When stars are bright
You are in my arms
The nightingale tells his fairy tale
A paradise where roses bloom
Though I dream in vain
In my heart it will remain
My stardust melody
The memory of love's refrain
Transcribed by Robin Hood